Are you an experienced Copy Editor? Do you have an interest in human rights? If so, we at EachOther would love to hear from you, as we expand our pool of freelance Copy Editors.
If you are interested in applying, please email a CV and a piece of writing that you have recently copy-edited to our Editor, Emma Guy, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12.00 noon on Friday 10th June 2022. In your email, please indicate clearly which weekday morning and/or afternoon and/or evening shifts you would regularly be available to do this work. You don’t have to be available all week or every day to join our rota, but we would generally need to be able to rely on you during the same slot(s) each week.
- You will have experience of copy-editing, paying close attention to detail.
- You will be able to edit draft copy from a range of writers with an eye to plain English, good grammar, spelling, punctuation, house style, factual accuracy, clear referencing, etc.
- You will be able to edit copy to tight deadlines.
- You will usually be expected to edit one item per shift.
- You will be digitally literate (eg able to use – or learn quickly – WordPress, the platform on which our articles are built)
- You should be able to do this work remotely whilst being based in the UK, rather than requiring access to EachOther’s hardware and offices.
- Some legal experience is desirable, but not essential.
In return, you will be paid £31.60 (including VAT) for each hour you spend copy-editing EachOther content. You will also become an important part of our friendly editorial team and join a community of people standing up for human rights across the UK.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. If you are interested in becoming one of our freelance Copy Editors, then we look forward to hearing from you.