RightsInfo is one of one of the UK’s newest and most exciting charities, building knowledge and support for human rights with engaging, accessible and beautifully presented online content. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, talented Video Assistant to join our multi-award winning team and help us grow our reach even further.
Beginning in mid-April, we’re looking for someone to join us either part or full-time. We’re pretty flexible but are looking for someone for at least three days a week. The position will be for at least three months.
You’ll be working as a junior editor on our template videos and helping out on other video production in After Effects. It’s a chance to hone your video skills in a professional environment whilst also learning about human rights, campaigning and social media. You might accompany our video producer Jack Satchell on a shoot, create one of our explainer videos or do some research for a script.
We’re a small organisation where everyone pitches in, so this role may also include some general office admin, but there will also be the opportunity to pitch your own stories, videos, and other creative content, and you’ll be able to take part in our weekly editorial meetings.
You’ll be enthusiastic, organised, and practical, with relevant experience and skills in video, media, digital, or film journalism, and you’ll come and work with us in our lovely Oxford Circus offices. You’ll also be on board with RightsInfo’s mission to celebrate and promote human rights in the UK. Applications are open until Wednesday 28 March, so do get a move on!
We’re looking for someone to work at least three days a week (7 hour days) at £12.00 an hour. The position is available for three months and is based in our Oxford Circus offices.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the Video Producer in editing scripts and videos that will feature across our social media platforms, which include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Helping to develop and grow our media stories in new and innovative ways, to develop and increase our reach
- Attending our weekly editorial and monthly creative meetings where you’ll be able to pitch and follow through on your own ideas
- General office admin including production sheets, expense payments, and research
What you get:
- You’ll be paid £12.00ph for between three and five days a week, on a three month contract
- Outside of these hours, you’re still welcome to come and work in our central London office on your own projects, which also has a rather lovely rooftop garden, even if we do say so ourselves 🌼
- Full training and support to fulfil your role and develop your skills from our in-house team
- Additional training and social events with guest speakers and free drinks and nibbles 🍷
How to Apply
We’d like a bit of info and some thought from you about with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘VIDEO ASSISTANT – YOUR NAME’. In the email – just make sure to include the following:
- An up to date CV
- 100 words on why you’d like to work for RightsInfo
- 250 words on what human rights video explainer video you’d like to see us develop next, and why.
The deadline is Wednesday 28 March at midnight. We look forward to hearing from you! We are also asking candidates to fill in an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – this is optional and will not affect your application.
If you’re shortlisted we’ll ask you to undertake a video editing task to present at interview. Interviews will be held the week beginning 9th April.