RightsInfo is one of one of the UK’s newest and most exciting charities, building knowledge and support for human rights with engaging, accessible and beautifully presented online content. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, talented intern to join our multi-award winning team and help us grow our reach even further.
Beginning late July to early August, we’re looking for someone to work three days a week. This is a paid internship on London Living Wage (£9.75ph). You’ll spend three months working with our in-house team on growing and developing our social media reach, curating the RightsInfo community on social media, and building links to other organisations.
We’re a small organisation where everyone pitches in, so this role will also include some general office admin, but there will also be the opportunity to pitch your own stories, videos, and other creative content, and you’ll be able to take part in our weekly editorial meetings.
You’ll be enthusiastic, organised, and practical, with relevant experience and skills in media, digital, communications, or journalism, and you’ll come and work with us in our lovely Oxford Circus offices. You’ll also be on board with RightsInfo’s mission to celebrate and promote human rights in the UK. Applications are open until Sunday, 2nd July, so do get a move on!
We’re looking for someone to work three days a week and this is a paid internship on London Living Wage (£9.75ph). The internship will last three months and is based in our Oxford Circus offices.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the News and Social Media Editor in scheduling and posting content across our social media platforms, which include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This will include both ‘evergreen’ content and responding to breaking news
- Helping to develop and grow our social media in new and innovative ways, to help increase our reach
- Targeting key influencers through our social media content
- Exploring opportunities for cross-posting and link-building with other organisations, as well as working on our SEO
- Monitoring social comments and interaction daily, replying and building a community
- Attending our weekly editorial meetings where you’ll be able to pitch and follow through your own ideas
- General office admin including grant applications, expense payments, and research
What you get:
- You’ll be paid the London Living Wage for three months, for three days a week
- Outside of these hours you’re still welcome to come and work in our central London office on your own projects, which also has a rather lovely rooftop garden, even if we do say so ourselves 🌼
- Full training and support to fulfil your role and develop your skills from our in-house team
- Additional training and social events with guest speakers and free drinks and nibbles 🍷
How to Apply
We’re not CV and cover letter kind of people, so simply pop us an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘INTERN – YOUR NAME’. Then, just make sure to include the following:
- 100 words about you
- 100 words on why you’d like to work for RightsInfo
- 250 words on two ways we could expand our social media and reach
The deadline is Sunday, 2nd July at Midnight. We look forward to hearing from you! We are also asking candidates to fill in an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form – this is optional and will not affect your application.