EachOther is looking for three enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to help carry out a number of projects in our media and editorial teams.
We owe a lot to our volunteers. When human rights barrister Adam Wagner started RightsInfo, as we were then called, four years ago – most of the stories on our website were written by volunteers.
We know how important volunteers can be. Since then we’ve expanded and grown and been set up as a full time charity.
We now have an in-house editorial and creative team but we still have volunteers who help us.
For this particular opportunity, we’re in search of three volunteers. Successful applicants will be assigned to one of the following administrative projects:
- Helping with amending and editing web content for our new website
- Helping on a design research project
- Helping with writing copy for our video pages
These three volunteering roles are based in our office in Holloway Road, London.
We are looking for a commitment of at least one day a week for a minimum of three months – and we look to set you up with one or two contained projects in that time.
We will cover travel costs to and from our office (within London travel zones 1 – 6) and a daily lunch allowance up to a maximum of £7. All volunteer roles are unpaid.
We welcome volunteers from outside London, but we can’t help with travel arrangements, work permits or accommodation.
Essential / Desirable
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office – Essential for all roles
• Proficiency in Photoshop – Essential for design role
• Proficiency in copywriting – Essential for copywriting role
• Proficiency in WordPress – Essential for web content role
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Commitment to, and understanding of, EachOther’s objectives and work – Essential
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – Essential
• Excellent research skills – Essential
• Understanding of UK human rights – Desirable
• Experience of working in an office environment – Desirable
• Experience of in a not-for-profit organisation (paid or unpaid) – Desirable
Interested applicants should refer to the person specification for the role they’re interested in and complete the application form.
- The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 27 January 2020. No applications will be accepted after this time. Please send this completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as early as possible with confirmation of interview details.
- Interviews will be held during the week commencing 3 February at our offices on the Holloway Road.
- A training and induction afternoon will be held during the week commencing 10 February 2020
- Placements to begin the week commencing Monday 17 February 2020.
We are happy to consider holding interviews by Skype, where necessary.
If you require any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application and/or attend an interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.