EachOther is looking for a new on-call sub-editor to join our friendly team and help us spread the word about great human rights stories.
You’ll work remotely (though you’re more than welcome to join us in our lovely Holloway Road office) for an average of 2-3 hours a day depending on if we have stories to be covered. This is typically in the afternoon, Monday to Friday.
You’ll be checking pieces from our writers for legal accuracy, spelling, grammar and style. This is a paid freelance role at £22.50ph.
- You’ll have strong legal knowledge, including on human rights law, perhaps through qualifications, working in the legal profession or academia
- You’re a stickler for detail, checking every fact and idea
- You have experience of being able to write in plain English, so everyone can understand their rights
- You’ll be able to be on-call for a couple of hours a day (essentially from 12 noon to 3pm) in the week
- You’ll be literate with digital and online – ideally WordPress, though we will offer full training
To apply, please send a brief note explaining why you’re suited for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight January 16th.