EachOther is looking for two sub-editors to join our friendly team and help us spread the word on human rights stories.
In addition to the new hires of Aziz intern Khadija Kothia and editor Dhruva Balram, EachOther is looking to broaden its staff by hiring two new sub-editors.
Incoming sub-editors will work closely with the editorial team, including the creative director, in shaping pieces that have been written. You will be joining a pool of sub-editors checking pieces from our writers for legal accuracy, spelling, grammar and style. Depending on if we have stories to be covered, you will be working remotely for up to three hours a day. Typically, these shifts are in the (UK) afternoon, twice a week.
This is a paid freelance role at £22.50ph.
- You will have strong (UK) legal knowledge, including on human rights law, perhaps through qualifications, working in the legal profession or academia.
- You are a stickler for detail, checking every fact and idea.
- You have experience of being able to write in plain English, so everyone can understand their rights.
- You will be able to be on-call for a couple of hours a day (essentially from 12 noon to 3pm) in the week.
- You will be literate with digital and online softwares – ideally WordPress, though we will offer full training.
EachOther promotes inclusivity and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and other under-represented minorities in journalism. Please read through our strategy before applying.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief note explaining why you’re suited for the position with the subject ‘Application: Freelance Sub Editor Position’ to email@example.com by midnight, 25 March 2021.